Prime Minister Modi addresses to the nation over coronavirus outbreak in the evening and announced a complete lockdown in India for 21 days (three weeks). He said that the sole way this country can fight coronavirus is social distancing. He urged people to remain indoors. The Prime Minister also said that social distancing isn’t just for sick people but also for all members of the family.
In his address, PM said,
- Nepal goes to a week-long lockdown over coronavirus pandemic.Nepal goes to week-long lockdown over coronavirus pandemicCoronavirus: 22 private lab chains registered with ICMR for testsCoronavirus: 22 private lab chains registered with ICMR for tests
- The conclusions drawn from the two-month study of all the affected countries that the sole option for effective combat against Corona is – Social Distancing.
- Some people are under the misunderstanding that social distancing is merely necessary for sick people. it’s not right to think. Social distancing is for each citizen, for each family, for each member of the family.
- Some people’s negligence, some people’s wrong thinking will throw you, your children, your parents, your family, your friends, during a lot of trouble.
- To save India, every citizen of India is being banned from 12 o’clock tonight, on exiting homes, completely
- Every state within the country, every district, every village, every town and each street-locality is now being locked down.
- The coming 21 days are vital for us. consistent with health experts, a minimum of 21 days time is extremely important to interrupt the corona viral infection cycle.
- Stay at home, occupy home. Today’s decision — countrywide lockdown — has drawn a Lakshman Rekha at the door of your house.
- First it (coronavirus) took 67 days to urge one lakh people infected then it reaching 2 lakh people only took 11 days. It’s even more frightening that from two lakh infected people to 3 lakh people, this disease took just four days to succeed in .
- This is why when the corona virus started spreading in China, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Iran, things became uncontrollable.
- This is the second time prime minister Modi addressed the state during a week amid concerns over the virus outbreak. Last week, Prime Minister Modi had addressed the state and urged the people to practice social distancing to prevent the spread of highly contagious coronavirus in India. He had also urged the people to watch a day-long ‘janata curfew’ on March 22. PM Modi’s appeal received an excellent response from people as they observed a self-imposed curfew.
- During his last week’s speech, the Prime Minister had said that the planet had seen various crisis and challenges but things arising thanks to coronavirus was unprecedented. He further said that India was leaving no stone un-turned to beat this menace but ‘need of the hour is to be alert and vigilant’. “Stay reception and don’t exit until it’s absolutely essential. I specially urge the elderly to not venture out of their homes,” the prime minister had said.
As of today, India has reported over 490 cases and nine deaths thanks to coronavirus.