/Indian officer, two others killed in a clash with PLA

Indian officer, two others killed in a clash with PLA

The Indian army suffered multiple casualties, including that of a politician , during a “violent face off” with China’s People’s Liberation Army on Monday night in eastern Ladakh, the military said during a statement. It added that there have been casualties on each side .

These are the primary Indian casualties during a clash with the PLA since 1975 when an Indian patrol was ambushed by Chinese troops in Arunachal Pradesh.

HT learns that the officer is that the commandant of the unit involved within the scrap, which one among the opposite casualties is that of a JCO.

The army said the incident happened at a time the de-escalation process was “underway within the Galwan valley”.

Military commanders of the 2 armies, Major General Abhijit Bapat, commander of the Karu-based HQs 3 Infantry Division and his Chinese counterpart are holding talks at the location of the clash to defuse tensions.

All the deaths are from thrown stones and rods that were employed by the soldiers, people conversant in the matter said on condition of anonymity. the military didn’t discuss this. However, this won’t be the primary time the 2 armies have engaged in fisticuffs or used stones as missiles to attack one another within the area.

In Delhi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reviewed the present operational situation after the clash on the LAC, along side the Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat and therefore the three service chiefs. secretary of state S Jaishankar was also present. Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane had cancelled his scheduled visit to Pathankot on Tuesday.

The encounter happened along the contested Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh where rival soldiers were caught during a standoff that began with a confrontation between rival patrols near Pangong Tso on the night of May 5-6.

The Indian Army is claimed to possess suffered three casualties, including a colonel, within the sector on Monday, said one person conversant in the matter. each side suffered fatal casualties on Monday, claimed another person conversant in the matter. Both asked to not be named. the amount of Chinese casualties wasn’t immediately known.

The China’s foreign ministry said it wasn’t conscious of fatalities on either side.

At his media briefing spokesperson of the Chinese foreign ministry Zhao Lijian spoke about the close communication through military and diplomatic channels before happening responsible Indian soldiers for Monday evening’s violent exchange.

Hu Xijin, the editor-in-chief of worldwide Times, a tabloid travel by the ruling Communist Party of China, however, tweeted that his information indicated casualties on the Chinese side and asked India to not misconstrue the PLA’s restraint for weakness.

Last month’s violent confrontations between Indian and Chinese soldiers in eastern Ladakh and north Sikkim triggered a military buildup on each side of the LAC that stretched from Ladakh to Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh, as reported by Hindustan Times on Friday.

The Chinese buildup began immediately after clashes between border troops in Ladakh and Sikkim on May 5-6 and should 9, and predated the June 6 meeting between general officer Singh and his Chinese counterpart.

Share This