Pakistan’s Prime Minister, Imran Khan, says that India has stopped the talks between the two countries. In response, the Government of India says that Pakistan did nothing to create a
- Pakistan Interior Minister Shaharyar Afridi met with the representative of the Jamaat-
ud-Dawa (JUD) and the UN-designated terrorist Hafiz Saud in Islamabad on 16-17 December,2018. He and his organization had the point of giving open support to the Pakistan government. The minister had said that as long as there is a government of Tehrik-e-Insaf in the country, no one can target Sayeed.
- JUD opened a relief camp in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir in November 2018, which was inaugurated by the local leader of PTI. According to Indian officials, it shows that the Khan government is supporting its JUD. Which is in the restricted list of the United Nations Security Council.
- The JUD and its NGO Falah-e-
InneriatFoundation (FIF) came out of the list of banned organizations when the presidential ordinance ended the deadline in which he was inducted into the banned organizations. Sources say that this is possible by the Pakistan government. Ordinancehas expired and the Pakistan Government has neither extended this Ordinance nor presented it in Parliament to convert it into law. Sayeed challenged the ordinance imposed on JUD and FIF in the court.
- The leader of the banned terrorist organization Hizbul Mujahideen and Syeda Salahuddin, chairman of the United Jihad Council, had sought military support from Pakistani army for active militants in Jammu and Kashmir in October 2018.
- On September 30, 2018, Pakistan’s religious minister Noor-ul-Haq Qadri had seen a public forum with Hafiz Saeed. Where both of them had given anti-India statements. Qadri had said that he had participated in Khan’s program in Dinfa-e-Pakistan’s program.
Khan had told some journalists in India this month that Pakistan will not allow its use of terrorism to be used for terrorism. According to the Government of India, steps taken by Pakistan are inadequate. An official familiar with this issue said that JUD and FIF are not restricted to Pakistan. She is in the Watchlist of the Interior Ministry’s naka (National Counter Terrorism Authority). He can legally continue his so called welfare activities.