India today celebrated its 73rd Independence Day. Amid mounting tension in Pakistan and Kashmir due to the repeal of Section 370, security forces have been placed on high alert across the country. Tight security arrangements have been made at all major airports including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
In his first speech from the ramparts of the historic Red Fort after a clean sweep in the Lok Sabha elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation this morning after a flag hoisting ceremony.
Follow the highlights here:
• Chandrayaan going: PM Modi
• Forward the use of digital payments: PM Modi
• PM Modi encourages domestic tourism
• Our priority should be a ‘Made in India’ product: PM Modi
• India will have a Chief of Defense Staff: PM Modi.
• PM Modi congratulated Afghanistan on completing 100 years of independence.
• The world is eager to do business with India; Fundamental elements of our economy are strong: PM Modi
• We have to keep global best practices in mind and build good systems: PM Modi
• We have decided to invest Rs 100 lakh crore on the country’s infrastructure: PM Modi
• Our people have the freedom to pursue their aspirations: PM Modi
• Every effort towards removing corruption and black money is welcome: PM Modi
• Corruption ruined India for 70 years: PM Modi
• Small family policy also contributes to the development of the nation: PM Modi
• Water life mission will move ahead with great enthusiasm: PM Modi
• We have fulfilled the dream of One Nation One Constitution: PM Modi
• We did not let the Article 370 problem end: PM Modi
• Fear of triple talaq bothers Muslim women: PM Modi
• Within 70 days, 35A and 370 were removed – this is not a government which is lax: PM Modi
• Nation understands the importance of water conservation: PM Modi
• Steps have been taken to make the medical sector more people-friendly: PM Modi.
• Repeal of sections 370 and 35A is a step towards realizing Sardar Patel’s dream: PM Modi.
• PM Modi lists the steps taken for welfare.
He expressed his concern for the people in flood affected areas of the country.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi wishes for the festival of Raksha Bandhan.