When I decided to become the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Uddhav Thackeray said that I never thought, I will sit in this chair someday. In fact, Uddhav inherited the politics of remote control from his father Bal Thackeray. In this, he changed the course of time while reading the pulse of the time, that put Aditya son in this assembly election and laid the foundation for change in the family.
He did not hide his son’s temptation to see the son as Chief Minister. Which has also been strongly criticized. But time went by so that the Uddhav himself came to the center of the game while watching. Uddhav is the youngest of Bala Saheb Thackeray’s three sons. He was born on July 27, 1960. Contrary to his father’s aggressive thinking, he found a calm temperament and in the first 40 years of his life he remained almost out of politics.
Photography was his first hobby. Father was also a cartoonist and due to his love of inherited art, Uddhav got education at JJ School of Art in Mumbai. While in this college, he met Rashmi Patankar, who lives in Dombivali. Love happened Got married He moved to a flat with his wife. But after two years he returned to Matoshree. Amidst his passion for photography, he ran an advertising agency called Chowrang.
- Uddhav was born on July 27, 1960. Father himself He is the third child of Bala Saheb Thackeray. The youngest of three brothers. Everyone in the Thackeray family lovingly calls him ‘Dadu’.
- Uddhav and Rashmi Thackeray have two sons. Aditya and Tejas. Aditya is now a MLA. It is reported that Tejas is studying.
- Open collar shirt and T-shirt is Uddhav’s favorite outfit, but after getting into politics, he adopted kurta pajamas.
- Uddhav of calm temperament likes to sleep a little in the afternoon and play badminton in the evening.
- Uddhav describes photography as the ‘oxygen’ of his life. For years he kept doing regular photo exhibitions. Maharashtra Desh (2010) and Pahwa Vitthal (2011) are books of his photographs.
- Uddhav has been distributing income from his photo exhibitions and books to farmers and the needy.
- Uddhav’s dream is to capture images of a wakeful volcano, Antarctica and Mount Everest mountain range once in life.
Meanwhile, Uddhav’s cousin, Raj Thackeray, was following the footsteps of Bala Saheb. But the family equation became such that Uddhav’s relationship was linked to politics. In 2006, Bal Thackeray declared Uddhav as his heir and Raj became angry and made another party. By this time, Uddhav had learned the lessons of politics and handled the father’s legacy very well. In 2002, the Shiv Sena won the BMC elections under its leadership. In 2012, Uddhav’s health was badly affected in the environment contrary to his father’s demise and slow temperament. They had to undergo angioplasty. Three blocks were removed from the blood arteries of his heart.
Ousted the party from the image of fierce Hindutva
Many people complain that there is no such thing as Bala Saheb Thackeray in Uddhav’s leadership, politics and speeches. But they did not give up their nature. Ousted the Shiv Sena from the image of anti-provincial and furious Hindutva. The famous ‘Mi Mumbaikar’ slogan is given to them in Mumbai. Like his father, he does not make dictatorial decisions but he deals with the people around him.
The important role of the wife
A close friend of Uddhav points out that just as his wife Meena Tai Thackeray had a role in Bal Thackeray’s life, Rashmi Thackeray’s role is in Uddhav’s life. Possibly, it is Uddhav’s nature that his political opponents continued to be taken lightly, but after the Maharashtra Assembly election results, he showed a new look. He had promised his father that Shiv Sena would be chief minister in Maharashtra. Now it is destiny that has Uddhav sitting in this chair.